The Atlanta Falcons and Seattle Seahawks open up their respective 2020 NFL seasons at Mercedes-Benz Stadium Sunday of Week 1. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m. ET. Below, we preview the Seahawks-Falcons wagering chances and lines and make our NFL choices and best bets.
Seahawks at Falcons wagering odds and lines
- Moneyline: Seahawks -129 (bet $129, win $100)|Falcons +110 (Bet $100, win $110)
- Versus the Spread/ATS: Seahawks -2.5 (-110)|Falcons +2.5 (-110 )
- Over/Under: 48.5 (O: -110, U: -110)
.?.!! Seahawks at Falcons game notes
- The Seahawks pulled off a 27-20 win in last season’s Week 8 trip to Mercedes-Benz Arena. Falcons QB Matt Schaub begun in place of Matt Ryan and tossed for 460 lawns with one goal and one interception in the loss.
- The Falcons made a number of key offseason additions with the finalizing of POUND Dante Fowler Jr., CB Darqueze Dennard and RB Todd Gurley, and the trade acquisition of TE Hayden Hurst.
- Seattle’s finalizing included TE Greg Olsen and WR Phillip Dorsett.
- The two groups connected for 22nd in the NFL last year with 24.9 points allowed per video game. The Seahawks were 26th with 381.6 yards permitted per game. Pro-Bowl S Jamal Adams was obtained from the New York Jets in an offseason trade to assist improve on those numbers.
- The Seahawks connected for third in the NFL with a plus-12 turnover differential last year. The Falcons tied for 24th with a minus-5 differential.
Seahawks at Falcons essential injuries
- WR Phillip Dorsett (foot) possible
- OT Duane Brown (knee) probable
- WR Russell Gage (groin) probable
- DT Marlon Davidson (knee) possible
Seahawks at Falcons: Chances, betting lines, picks and prediction
Falcons 27, Seahawks 26
The FALCONS (+110 ) are the play as minor house dogs in the season opener. Both teams made numerous crucial modifications on the defensive side of the ball to enhance on in 2015’s poorly-ranked systems.
The Seahawks are still led by the strong quartet of QB Russell Wilson, RB Chris Carson, and WRs Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf, but look for Atlanta’s enhanced defensive line to make life more difficult for Wilson than it was in this matchup last year.
Against the Spread (?)
Take the insurance coverage with the FALCONS +2.5 (-110 ) in what ought to be a tight-scoring early-season game. I like the value of taking them to win outright, however the 2 points of insurance coverage are good to have in the event of missed field goals or extra points.
As a general rule, I’ll be leaning to the Under in Week 1 games, however I’ll take the OVER 48.5 (-110 ) in Atlanta.
As mentioned above, both groups upgraded their defense this offseason in hopes of improving on in 2015’s outcomes, while both groups return elite offensive groups. Search for two-experienced QBs in Wilson and Ryan to be able to take advantage of the inevitable early-season defensive miscues.
Gannett may make earnings from audience referrals to wagering services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no impact on news coverage.Source: sportsbookwire.usatoday.com