Elimination work of collapsed Seattle pier stops briefly, investigation underway – KING5.com

15September 2020

City authorities say 7 employees who were wearing flotation gadgets were on the pier when it began to collapse.

SEATTLE– Federal and state workplace safety inspectors have actually opened investigations into the collapse of a pier along Seattle’s waterfront while teams remained in the procedure of destroying it.

Authorities state two workers who were harmed when Pier 58 suddenly collapsed on Sept. 13.

Harborview Medical Center spokesperson Susan Gregg said Sept. 14 that a 30-year-old male was released that day, and a 42-year-old guy was released Sept. 13. City officials state 7 workers who were wearing flotation gadgets were on the pier when it started to collapse. Washington State Department of Labor & Industries is presently examining the collapse, including speaking with workers.< div data-module=" video "class ="video"data-stream= "https://video.tegna-media.com/assets/KING/videos/2e2a6de0-b233-4923-b30b-42516b328324/2e2a6de0-b233-4923-b30b-42516b328324.m3u8"data-float=" incorrect "data-thumbnail=" https://seattleinsurancenearme.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/removal-work-of-collapsed-seattle-pier-pauses-investigation-underway-king5-com.jpg "data-title="Raw: Pier 58 on Seattle waterside collapses "data-description="Jessica Murphy, Workplace of the Waterside building and construction program supervisor, explains video that shows Pier 58 in Seattle collapse on Sept.

13, 2020.”data-site=”281 “data-id=”2e2a6de0-b233-4923-b30b-42516b328324″data-dfpposition= “”data-mute= “incorrect”data-autoplay= “incorrect”data-link=”https://www.king5.com/video/news/local/seattle/raw-pier-58-on-seattle-waterfront-collapses/281-2e2a6de0-b233-4923-b30b-42516b328324″data-origin=” upload “data-section=”news”data-subsection=” local”data-topic=”seattle”data-subtopic= “”data-captions= “”data-related-playlist-id=”AvSw2Xp3″data-related-media-id=” l4SwTesr “data-use-trending=”real”> Pier 58 paved the way approximately a month after authorities discovered it had actually moved inches far from the land. The movement was found following a water main break. Seattle Parks and the Seattle Department of Transport had actually already closed the pier.

An engineering company recommended the pier be removed within 90 days after discovering that it was stopping working a minimum of in part due to the strain being produced by heavy concrete -with the northeast corner being the most critical for removal. Work on deconstructing the pier has paused as the city figures out next actions and figures out a method to eliminate the concrete that plunged into Elliott Bay. That consists of assessing any damage to the water fountain that the city intended to keep undamaged and use in the new waterfront park.

Since Sept. 15, there was no date on when work will resume or “clear next action.”

Source: king5.com

Our Score
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Upgrade Your Listing

Add images, video, and more details to your listing! More information means more clicks. More clicks means more quotes!

Free listing includes: business name, address, phone, website, google map

Upgraded listing includes: business name, address, phone, website, EMAIL ADDRESS, COMPANY LOGO, VIDEO, IMAGE SLIDE SHOW, FEATURED LISTING PLACEMENT